Shri Anil D. Ambani, regarded as one of the foremost corporate leaders of contemporary India, Shri Anil D. Ambani, is the Chairman of Reliance Capital Limited, Reliance Infrastructure Limited, Reliance Communications Limited and Reliance Power Limited. He is also on the Board of Reliance Infratel Limited and Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group Limited. He is the President of the Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
An MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Shri Ambani is credited with pioneering several path-breaking financial innovations in the Indian capital markets. He spearheaded the country’s first forays into overseas capital markets with international public offerings of global depositary receipts, convertibles and bonds. Under his Chairmanship, the constituent companies of the Reliance Group have raised nearly US$ 7 billion from global financial markets in a period of less than 3 years.
Shri Ambani has been associated with a number of prestigious academic institutions in India and abroad.
He is currently a member of :
- Wharton Board of Overseers, The Wharton School, USA
- Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
- Executive Board, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad
In June 2004, Shri Ambani was elected as an Independent member of the Rajya Sabha – Upper House, Parliament of India, a position he chose to resign voluntarily on March 29, 2006.
Select Awards and Achievements
Click here for a short biographic profile
- Awarded by Light Readings as the Person of the Year – 2008 for outstanding achievements in the communication industry.
- Voted 'the Businessman of the Year' in a poll conducted by The Times of India – TNS, December, 2006.
- Voted the 'Best role model' among business leaders in the biannual Mood of the Nation poll conducted by India Today magazine, August 2006.
- Conferred 'the CEO of the Year 2004' in the Platts Global Energy Awards.
- Conferred ‘The Entrepreneur of the Decade Award’ by the Bombay Management Association, October 2002.
- Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) in recognition of his contribution to the establishment of Reliance as a global leader in many of its business areas, December, 2001.